Monday, May 7, 2007

Welcome to My World - What a Trip

Welcome to my World? Ok that just sounds stupid.


You may have found this by searching the words "spronk adaptor" or "left handed cinnamon bun to garden sprinkler" on Google, or maybe I provided you with a link. In any case, my name is Dan and it's been a long strange trip.
I will try to get everyone up to speed and have some photos here so you can see what's going on. I think I have to do this blog in reverse order or something.


So much has happened in the past six years that I don't know where to begin. Perhaps I'll start in Edmonton, where I used to live and work. I worked in electronics making submersible motor controllers and related controls for the oil and gas industry.




In 1997, after 10 years, took my gold watch and left the company. In 1996 I had started my own web design business and business was good. Whilst watching the Olympics from Sydney in the autmn of 2000, I fell in love with a woman whom I had met on the Internet. She lived in New Zealand and had two lovely girls aged 5 and 7.



In May 2001, I sold everything, packed up and flew to Auckland where she met me at the airport. In late 2001 we moved to Dunedin and fixed up her house there. We got married in January 2002 and sold the house later that year. Life was good and these were very happy times.

But this is just the beginning of my adventures!




More to come...



Dan

P.S Of course I am putting words like 'peruptic zam' in here so that if Gerry searches he'll find this :-)

No comments: